DORIS S. HSU, ESQ.
GRAY TOLUB LLP
11 Broadway, Suite 615
New York, NY 10004
Tel. +1 646 455 1055
Fax. +1 646 213 3113
LLM(Taxation), NYU School of Law, 1996
Joint JD (cum laude) & MSL (magna cum laude), Vermont Law School, 1995
BA, National Taiwan University, 1992
Doris S. Hsu started her legal career with a prestigious Wall Street law firm and has counseled clients for almost 20 years on the appropriate structures for their businesses and personal investments.
Because of her background in both the income tax and the trust/estate areas, she is uniquely qualified in delivering comprehensive advice to her clients.
As a result of her international background, she is especially appreciative of the cultural considerations of her international clients in her tax advice.
She focuses on:
- Pre-immigration income tax planning
- U.S. investments by international investors (FIRPTA, FATCA, withholding tax)
- Foreign investments by U.S. taxpayers (CFC/PFIC/foreign tax credit planning)
- Income tax treaty utilization
- artnership/LLC formation & agreements
- Incorporation and shareholder agreements
- Renunciation of U.S. citizenship and green card status
- Preparation of wills/revocable trusts/living wills/healthcare proxies
- Preparation of generation skipping trust agreements
- Preparation of insurance trust agreements
- IRS Overseas Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)
- IRS Streamlined Disclosure Programs
- IRS and state/local tax audit
She is fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese and conversational in French.
U.S. Tax Court
- American Bar Association (Tax Section)
- New York State Bar Association (Trust/Estate Section)
- New York City Bar Association (Committee on Taxation of Business Entities)
- STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Asian Women in Business