As a friendly reminder, to match changes to federal income tax return deadlines, New York State has made the following changes to state income tax returns for calendar year 2016:
- Partnerships: the new due date is 3/15;
- S Corporations: no change;
- Corporations: the new date is 4/15;
- Trusts: no change.
Please further note the following:
- The return deadline for IT-204-LL (for partnerships and limited liability companies which are disregarded entities, which have New York Source income or expense) is 3/15.
- There were certain changes relating to the mandatory first installment payment for certain corporations.
The details of these changes are described under New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Technical Memorandums TSB-M-16(9)C, (7)l and TSB-M-16(10)C, which are attached hereto.